One Time Secret allows you to enter a username and password and then create a special link that can only be accessed once. This is a far more secure way to send passwords than by emailing or texting them.
Here’s how we suggest our clients send us their login credentials:
1. Go to One Time Secret https://onetimesecret.com
2. At One Time Secret you’ll see an input box that says “Secret content goes here…” Copy and paste the following text on items 3, 4, and 5, depending on what you need to send.
3. Domain Registrar Login (GoDaddy, Namecheap, etc): Username:xxxxxx | Password:xxxxxx
4. WordPress Login: Website: yourcompany.com | Username:xxxxx | Password:xxxxx
5. FTP Login: Website: yourcompany.com | FTP Username:xxxxx | FTP Password:xxxxx
6. Create a Passphrase if you want, but you really don’t need to.
7. Set the Lifetime to 1 day.
8. Click the red button “Create a secret link”.
9. The next screen will provide you with the link to email to us. It’s outlined in yellow with “Share this link” above. Copy this link and email it to us.
If you’re interested in the details there’s an FAQ on the final page where your link appears. One Time Secret immediately encrypts the information put into the form and only keeps the encrypted information for as long as you’ve set the time limit.
It’s a great way to securely send your passwords and confidential information with others.